Monday, July 12, 2010

I really ought to do this cooking thing more often

Two posts in one day? And this one not even about knitting, but I wanted to remember the food that I ate.


1. Lightly roast some random amount (a handful? I think it was less than a cup) of pine nuts. Set aside
2. Roast Israeli couscous in pine nut oil, then set to simmer with the liquid as per directions.
3. Saute 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, and 1 yellow squash. When squash is translucent (and everything's mostly done), add in one small can of chickpeas, just so they get warmed up.
4. Combine everything along with some feta, some green onion, and a healthy couple dashes of balsamic vinegar.

Seriously. If I hadn't burnt the couscous (I don't want to talk about it), this would actually be exactly what I had hoped it would be. Weird since I'm not really used to cooking successes, but satisfying.

No comments: