Sunday, October 18, 2009

So fiddly, yet so good



Since I was worried about running out of yarn, I decided to go ahead and do the applied icord finishing on the shoulders and neck of this sweater.

My mind, she is blown.



It's kind of a pain, since you end up knitting four stitches for each stitch, and I had to pick up a lot, but the finished product is amazing. It just adds something that polishes the sweater so very much. I was concerned because some of it was curling, but the applied icord just made it so much more substantial. I am in love, and am considering adding it to another sweater that I've been working on.I'm just about to my waist on the sweater, and I think I will keep going until I am out of yarn. I might need to buy another skein, but a four skeined vest for the price of one? I can definitely handle that.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oooooh- that is pretty!!!

Lynne said...

Awesome! Can't wait 'til it's finished. You'd better post pictures so I can see it when I'm in VT.

Yes, I am the boss of you. Sometimes.